Chelsea
Trending

Chelsea bidders set FINAL offer date, Reece James’ new role, Declan Rice UPDATE, Werner exit talks – takeover updates

CHELSEA’S ownership battle is set to take a swift conclusion according to reports.

The Raine Group have stated that final offers will need to be submitted by April 11 in order for the US merchant bank to present their preferred suitor by April 18.

Meanwhile, Thomas Tuchel’s plans on converting Reece James into a Dani Alves type defender is proving successful.

The full-back has contributed to 13 goals in 26 appearances despite struggling with injuries for large parts of the season.

Elsewhere, former West Ham striker Carlton Cole has urged England international Declan Rice to snub a potential move to Chelsea in the summer.

And Timo Werner’s exit plans are brewing up with reports suggesting that the Blues will not stand in his way come the transfer window.

Chelsea bidder worth triple Abramovich’s value

A potential new Chelsea owner is reportedly worth 3 times more than Roman Abramovich.

American billionaire Ken Griffin, who is the majority owner of Citadel, is part of the Ricketts family bid for the Blues.

And Griffin is reportedly worth a whopping £21.6billion – which is triple of what Abramovich’s worth is valued at, according to a Forbes esmtiamtion

Good morning, Chelsea fans

Eden Hazard has had successful leg surgery and is recovering at home ahead of Real Madrid’s huge clash at his old club Chelsea.

But the Belgium playmaker is surely unlikely to be ready for next Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final first leg.

Real said the 31-year-old had a plate removed in his right calf on Tuesday.

But injuries have already reduced his LaLiga season to just eight appearances as his plight in Spain continues.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti seemingly rates even a fully-fit Hazard only as back-up to Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo.

And he sparked controversy, as well as anger from Real fans, when Chelsea KO’d the Spanish giants in the Champions League semi-finals last year.

Hazard joked with former team-mate Kurt Zouma after a 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge put eventual tournament winners Chelsea through 3-1 on aggregate.

Apologising after a backlash, he said: “I am sorry. I have read lots of opinions about me and it was not my intention to offend Real fans.

“It has always been my dream to play for Real Madrid and I came here to win.”

But he is struggling to play a major part for the runaway LaLiga leaders this campaign.

Chelsea’s next five

Chelsea’s next five fixtures see the return of Champion League football as the Blues face Real Madrid in the quarter-finals.

Wedged between these two legs is a tricky trip to St Mary’s Stadium to face Southampton.

Christensen trains ahead of Brentford clash

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen was spotted for the first time since Barcelona’s shock transfer announcement as the Blues returned to training, writes DYLAN TERRY.

The Danish centre-back was all but confirmed by Barca president Joan Laporta this week as one of two signings the Catalan giants have completed for the summer.

AC Milan star Franck Kessie is thought to be the other player.

Yet despite Christensen dropping down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and his contract expiring in the summer, he was back in training with the squad on Tuesday following the international break.

He was not included in the Denmark squad for their games against Holland and Serbia due to a muscle problem.

However, he now appears to be back in contention ahead of their Premier League clash at home to Brentford on Saturday.

Werner ready to walk

Chelsea striker Timo Werner is reportedly ready to QUIT the club – but it will take a £33million bid to snare him.

The 26-year-old has been in and out of the team this season following the £97.5m signing of Romelu Lukaku, writes JOHN HUTCHINSON.

Neither have really impressed so far for Thomas Tuchel’s side this season.

And according to German website Sport 1, Werner is ready to leave Stamford Bridge.

The former RB Leipzig star has had discussions with his adviser Volker Struth on plans “to leave London”.

Werner has recently admitted that Germany’s tactics suit him better than Tuchel’s at Chelsea.

The goal-shy forward netted a rare effort against Israel at the weekend as Hansi Flick’s side ran out 2-0 winners.

Werner has surprisingly scored six goals in his last six caps – compared to none in his last eight Premier League outings for Chelsea.

Asked about this quirk, the former RB Leipzig ace said: “There are differences in the style of play between football at Chelsea and here.

“Here, I always have scoring chances, I can score goals.

“I feel very comfortable here.”

Werner has scored seven times in 28 appearances for Chelsea this season, with only one goal coming in the Prem.

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button